On June 19, a plenary session of the Ukrainian parliament — Verkhovna Rada took place. Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Ruslan Stefanchuk said that during the meeting several important decisions were made.
Most of the documents concerned martial law in the country and the lives of civilians in the new reality. Thus, among the main laws adopted:
- Abolition of the military tax for soldiers on the front during the period of martial law;
- Ban on the import of publishing products from Russia and Belarus, publication and sale of books authorship of citizens of the Russian Federation;
- Law on the improvement of the functioning of the vocational education system under martial law;
- Law on the support of shops that sell Ukrainian books;
- The act on the elimination of discrimination against pension recipients;
- The duty-free trade act with the United Kingdom.
Also, the Verkhovna Rada adopted several important decisions. The Parliament of Ukraine has approved the appeals to the:
- Parliaments and governments of the EU member states to support Ukraine’s aspiration to recognize its European perspective;
- Governments and parliaments of foreign states regarding the termination of double taxation treaties with the Russian Federation.
Ukraine also emphasizes and condemns Russia’s criminal actions aimed at the abduction and forced removal of Ukrainian children.