Slovakia awarded Zelenskyy the Alexander Dubcek State prize. According to Slovak prime minister Eduard Heger, the award is a "Slovak symbol of freedom and hope".
"Putin has decided to repeat in Ukraine what the Soviet Union did in 1968 in Czechoslovakia. He uses military force to suppress the human desire for democracy — this is unacceptable!” commented Eduard Heger.
We remind you that the European Parliament nominated Volodymyr Zelenskyy for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2022.
Ukraine is home to 7 Nobel laureates:
- 1908 — Ilya Mechnikov, physiology and medicine;
- 1952 — Zelman Waxman, physiology and medicine;
- 1966 — Joseph Shmuel Agnon, literature;
- 1971 — Simon (Semen) Blacksmith, economics;
- 1981 — Roald Hoffman, chemistry;
- 1992 — George Harpak, physics;
- 2015 — Svetlana Aleksievich, literature.
It is possible that Zelenskyy will become the 8th laureate and the first to receive the citizenship award.
The American political publication Politico, based on the vote of its readers, annually publishes a list of the most influential people in the European space — Politico 28.
And in 2022, Zelenskyy received the nomination of the most influential person in Europe.
"Importantly, his message has helped change the nature of debate in European capitals, bringing about changes in government policy that were unthinkable just a few months ago," comments Politico.