The Ukrainian head learned about the approved amount directly during an official meeting with the chancellor of Germany in Berlin. This amount is designed to supply Ukraine's armed forces with the latest battlefield equipment. The largest military package from Germany since the beginning of the Russian invasion of Ukraine will include the following:
- 30 Leopard-1 tanks;
- 4 IRIS-t-SLM air defence systems;
- 12 IRIS-t-SLS launchers;
- Guided missiles;
- 20 BMP Marder;
- 18 howitzers;
- Drones for surveillance;
- 200 armoured vehicles and logistics support vehicles.
In addition, Zelenskyy and Scholz spoke at a joint briefing. The politicians declared their desire for peace but with the preservation of the territorial integrity and security of Ukraine. But Ukraine's president believes that the treaty will break shortly if Putin decides to end the war diplomatically.
"But in a year, believe me, he (Putin – ed.) will come in an invasion to kill us again. Everything is clear with him. He does not understand what is happening," Zelenskyy said.
Also, the main theses of the speech in Berlin include:
- Very significant is the participation of Germany in the European Peace Fund – this is all a manifestation of the strength of your state and the firmness of your people in protecting freedom.
- The more Germany leads the way in defending peace, the more stability there will be in international relations;
Also, the head of Ukraine said that Germany is the second country in the world in terms of facilities to help Kyiv. In the first place is still the United States. Zelenskyy thanked for the decision on a new package of assistance.
- Our security and territorial integrity, as well as the security and territorial integrity of all the peoples of Europe, must be guaranteed. Now is the time for us this year to determine the end of this war.
"This year, we can make the defeat of the aggressor irreversible," the president said.