On 24 April Yermak-McFaul Expert Group on Russian sanctions published a 12-point plan regarding Russian industries that may be subject to or strengthened by international sanctions.
- Oil and energy;
- Non-energy trade;
- Military area;
- Financial sphere;
- Confiscating Russian assets;
- Increasing individual sanctions;
- Designating Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism;
- Enhancing disclosure requirements;
- Business divestment from Russia;
- Broadening the sanctions coalition.
Some representatives of the European Union are of the opinion that the sanctions tools have been exhausted, and further sanctions packages (11+) will not include new sectors of the Russian economy but amendments to the sanctions that have already been introduced.
However, Yermak and McFaul prove that we still have opportunities for additional influence on the aggressor country.