The executive director of Agricom Group, Petro Melnyk said that the company will move towards the development of production and implementation of innovations, increasing business margins, and sustainable development over the next 5 years.
Petro Melnyk noted that 10% of investments will be allocated to the development of the agricultural sector, 60% to the expansion of the Dobrodiya product line, and 30% to entering new areas of activity. One of these areas will be the expansion of the agricultural holding's presence in the oats segment.
Petro Melnyk also added that now oats are a mandatory and strategic crop in the crop rotation of the Agricom Group, which has a powerful Dobrodiya plant, which produces about 30% of Ukrainian flakes. This season the company has doubled the area and sowed 2.6 thousand hectares with this crop.
The company noted that there are current trends in the world that are moving the oats market forward at a breakneck pace. Among them, Petro Melnyk named the following:
- the trends for the use of healthy and healthy products;
- an increase in the number of supporters of instant cereals;
- growing demand for oat milk;
- the annual increase in the demand for oats in the world market;
- rising prices for oats in the world market;
- high profitability of oats.