Chinese investments in the Ukrainian economy
The volume of Chinese direct investment in the Ukrainian economy since 2016 has increased fivefold to $260 million. Investments from China are carried out to a greater extent by state-owned enterprises and have political goals.
Over the period 2016-2021, the volume of investments in the Ukrainian economy from China increased from $50 million to $260million of foreign investment in the Ukrainian economy. In total, over 1100 enterprises with Chinese capital are registered in Ukraine.
Chinese Trade Association in Ukraine
In connection with the positive trends in the development of business relations between Ukraine and China, the Chinese Trade Association was established in Ukraine.
The Chinese Trade Association (CTA) was established in Ukraine on May 18, 2015, with the support of the Chinese government and is a voluntary, non-governmental, contractual, non-profit association of Chinese and Ukrainian enterprises with Chinese capital, as well as other legal entities interested in achieving the statutory goals and objectives of the association.
In total, CTA has around 40 partners, and their number is growing from year to year. From the world-famous organizations there are:
- LLC Lenovo Ukraine;
- LLC Huawei Ukraine;
- LLC ECO-Vtor;
- LLC CCEC Ukraine;
- LLC SANI Ukraine.
The mission of the association
The association will contribute to creating a new format of trade and economic partnership between China and Ukraine. The priorities of CTA are:
- Collective protection of the interests of its members in relations with state authorities, with foreign non-governmental and international organizations;
- Assistance in creating conditions for its members to enter the markets of China and Ukraine and on business matters;
- Support for the legitimate interests of CTA members through diplomatic channels, in particular, between the diplomatic mission of the People's Republic of China in Ukraine and the Government of Ukraine;
- Regular information support regarding the processes that affect doing business in Ukraine;
- Legislative initiatives on improving the business regime and improving the investment climate in Ukraine.