Every year Ukraine becomes more attractive for foreign investors. It is not surprising, since there are many business opportunities, prices are relatively low, and the Ukrainian government is ready to provide a vast support to foreign investors. Thus, investment forums in Ukraine have become popular and long-awaited events. The annual RAU Investment Forum 2021 took place on September 9 at the Kyiv CEC Parkoviy. It is tailored for investors in retail and commercial real estate.
The event was attended by more than 300 people consisting of foreign and Ukrainian investors, representatives of large corporations, bankers, brokers and government officials.
Notable attendees included the CEOs of Epicentr K, Allo, Ukrzoloto, EVA, Novus, Foxtrot, Auchan, TEC River Mall, COLIN'S, Fondy, Lacoste Ukraine, Bizerba, Budhouse Group, Dragon Capital , VolWest Group, АТB, Silpo, Multiplex, Lavina Mall, TSUM Kiev, KLO, ISEI, Synergy Construction, TEC Dream Town, Arricano Real Estate, etc.
This year’s event featured highly qualified guest speakers, which included representatives from investment and development companies such as Dragon Capital, Budhouse Group, SAGA Development, Futura Hata, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), CBRE Ukraine, SEC Respublika Park, Auchan Retail Ukraine, McDonald's Ukraine, Visit Ukraine, Concern Galnaftogaz and others.
The forum discussed the most crucial matters prospective investors need to get acquainted with when doing business in the Ukrainian market and assessing the business climate for future investment decisions.
Topics of discussion included:
- The most promising and profitable industries for foreign investors;
- How to protect rights of foreign investors in Ukraine;
- Examples of successful and profitable foreign investments in Ukraine;
- How to maximize investment profits in Ukraine, and facilitate the investment process;
- Benefits of investing in certain Ukrainian spheres during COVID;
- Quarantine stars: logistics and storage/warehouses;
- Successful cases of foreign investment in Ukraine and the benefits from cross-border cooperation;
- Impact of the pandemic on the local commercial real estate investment market;
- The Ukrainian banks’ approach to retail financing.
According to the Ministry of finance, the indicators of foreign direct investment in Ukraine are growing rapidly every year, and forums such as the RAU Investment Forum 2021 help accelerate further investments.