"In particular, foreigners, with the exception of certain categories, still need to have a COVID-19 insurance policy at the time of entry into Ukraine, which is valid for the entire period of stay in Ukraine. As well as a negative PCR result or express-tests on COVID-19, which were conducted no more than 72 hours before crossing the state border. Or a document confirming receipt of a full course of vaccination from COVID-19 vaccines included in the WHO list of permitted," said in a statement.
At the same time, the government's decision stipulates that persons crossing the state border to enter Ukraine are subject to self-isolation. This applies to both citizens of Ukraine and foreigners.
The rule does not apply to persons that:
- citizens of Ukraine who went abroad before August 4, 2021;
- members of official delegations;
- persons under 18 years of age;
- employees of diplomatic missions and consular posts of foreign countries;
- servicemen of the armed forces of NATO member states and member states of the NATO Partnership for Peace program, who take part in the training of units of the armed forces or arrive at the invitation of the Ministry of defense;
- participants of external independent evaluation;
- drivers and crew members of trucks, buses, trains;
- persons who have a document confirming receipt of a full course of vaccination;
- citizens of Ukraine who have a document issued in the manner prescribed by the Ministry of health, confirming receipt of a single dose of vaccine from COVID-19.
"Self-isolation, observation of a person in connection with crossing the state border is not used or is terminated in case of a negative result of testing for COVID-19 by PCR or rapid test, which was conducted after crossing the state border," the SBGS said.
This rule does not apply to persons who came from Russia and India. The period of self-isolation is 10 days for persons who have crossed the state border or entry-exit checkpoints and begins 72 hours after crossing.
It should be noted that the crossing of the state border for entry into Ukraine by foreigners and stateless persons who are subject to self-isolation, without the installed and activated mobile application of the electronic service Home is prohibited. If it is impossible to install a mobile application, individuals will be denied crossing the state border.