During the meeting of Ukrainian and US delegations on G7, Joe Biden announced the allocation of $375 million. This amount is calculated for the purchase:
- Anti-tank guided missile TOW;
- Ammunition for HIMARS missile and artillery systems;
- Artillery shells;
- Anti-tank systems – Javelin and AT-4;
- Ammunition of laser-guided missile systems;
- Armoured medical cars;
- Trucks and trailers for transporting heavy equipment;
- Thermal imaging systems.
The US Department of defense also emphasises that the military assistance package includes bridge systems, spare parts, and other field equipment.
In addition to the first results favouring Ukraine, there is a question connected with the F-16 aircraft. Biden clarified that Kyiv's request could be satisfied – the US approved Ukrainian training pilots on the F-16. Belgium, Norway, Denmark, and the Netherlands have already declared their readiness to join the training program. Biden's office is already talking about the transfer of fighters directly and by re-export.