Today, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris held a joint telephone conversation. During his speech, president Biden stated that the US will never recognize the Russian annexation of Ukrainian regions and will support Ukraine's fight against Russian aggression for as long as it takes. As a tool to help Ukraine, Biden announced another $625 million security assistance package for Ukraine.
"... a new $625 million security assistance package that includes additional weapons and equipment, including HIMARS, artillery systems and ammunition, and armoured vehicles. President Biden also affirmed the continued readiness of the United States to impose severe costs on any individual, entity, or country that provides support to Russia's purported annexation," the White House.
- 4 HIMARS and associated ammunition;
- 16 155mm howitzers;
- 16 105mm howitzers;
- 75.000 155mm artillery rounds;
- 500 precision-guided 155mm artillery rounds;
- 1.000 155mm rounds of RAAM systems;
- 30.000 120mm mortar rounds;
- 200 MaxxPro mine resistant ambush protected vehicles;
- 200.000 rounds of small arms ammunition;
- Obstacle emplacement equipment;
- Claymore anti-personnel munitions.
The US president spoke positively about Ukraine's efforts to support the agreement on exporting grain to the world market and also stressed the importance of continuing the work of this agreement. Separately, Joe Biden noted the steady efforts of the United States in supporting Ukraine and uniting the world for the sake of Ukraine's victory in the war to defend freedom and democracy.