On August 6, information was announced on the website of the President of Ukraine about the acceptance for consideration of Volodymyr Zelenskyy's initiative On the application of sectoral special economic and other restrictive measures (sanctions) to the Russian Federation. The initiative provides for an extended list of sanctions against the terrorist country Russia and its citizens.
What sanctions does the project propose:
- Prohibition on the withdrawal of capital from Ukraine in favour of individuals and legal entities in Russia;
- Stop permits for subsoil use;
- Prohibition to privatize or rent state property;
- Prohibition on public procurement of goods, works, and services related to the RF;
- Ban on the entry of Russian ships and aircraft;
- Stop issuing cash and payment cards to persons associated with the aggressor;
- Prohibition on the purchase of securities of Russian issuers;
- Prohibition (NBU permits and licenses) on investments in the RF;
- Prohibition on the transfer of technology and intellectual property rights in the RF;
- Prohibition on acquiring land ownership rights for persons associated with the RF.