Ukraine is introducing a European practice of labeling meat, olive oil, and honey
The Ministry of Economy has approved the procedure and special requirements for food labeling, for which it is mandatory to indicate the country or place of origin.
This was reported by the press service of the government.
This procedure establishes the rules for indicating the "country of origin" in the labeling of products listed below:
- fresh, chilled, and frozen beef,
- fresh, chilled, and frozen pork,
- fresh, chilled, and frozen lamb and goat meat,
- edible offal of cattle, fresh or chilled, or frozen,
- meat and edible offal of poultry,
- virgin olive oil and extra virgin olive oil.
The practice of labeling is based on the requirements of EU acts and is another step towards our European integration, as well as the creation of a common food market with the European Union. It will also reduce the opportunities for counterfeiting and falsification of food products, "said Deputy Minister Serhiy Glushchenko.