According to the Ministry of defense of Ukraine, the authority to sign an agreement with the United States is assigned to the minister of вefense of Ukraine Andrii Taran.
The agreement between the countries opens up such opportunities for Ukraine:
- carrying out joint research work on the development of weapons and military equipment, their individual components;
- obtaining information about advanced defense technologies, trends in their development;
- testing and testing of military equipment using equipment and technologies that are absent in Ukraine;
- attracting foreign funding to carry out research work by Ukrainian research institutions;
- increasing the research potential of Ukraine through cooperation with partners in the framework of joint projects.
The agreement will be concluded between the Ukrainian Ministry of defense and the US Department of defense. The implementation of the agreements will be carried out within the framework of the Agreement, in accordance with its project contracts.
The signing of the Agreement is planned for August 25 during the visit of the President of Ukraine with a diplomatic visit to the White House.