People are increasingly receiving public services online and using electronic document management, and the ID.GOV.UA system simplifies the process of digital identification for Ukrainians, as the need to constantly use different services creates inconvenience and confusion.
It is important that ID.GOV.UA does not store data, but only transmits it from the identification scheme to the service provider. The platform has a certificate of conformity of a comprehensive system of information security therefore the personal data of users are reliably protected.
The following cooperate with ID.GOV.UA
• 203 authentication systems;
• 110 systems for creating and verifying a qualified e-signature;
• 65 e-identification schemes;
• 22 e-trust service providers;
• 35 banks-identifiers of the BankID system of the NBU;
• 3 MobileID service providers.
The ID.GOV.UA system will help to conveniently and securely identify yourself with the help of e-signatures on file, cloud or other protected media, MobileID and BankID of the NBU. The most popular authentication tool is BankID, which Ukrainians have used more than 2.7 million times since the beginning of the year.
BankID is a method of electronic verification of citizens through Ukrainian banks, which allows you to remotely confirm a person's identity. Only customers of those banks that support BankID can use the service. The system now has 35 ID banks and 57 service subscribers.
What will change the resolution № 35 "On approval of amendments to the regulations on the BankID System of the National Bank of Ukraine":
• subscriber-identifiers will perform multi-factor authentication of BankID users of the NBU until the moment of transfer of their personal data through the system;
• requirements for banks to transfer up-to-date user data will be strengthened;
• service subscribers will be able to use the NBU BankID only to provide users with those services that are allowed by the NBU BankID System Board;
• The powers of the BankID Board of the NBU to monitor compliance with the terms of the concluded agreements and the liability of the system's subscribers will be expanded.
The document came into force on May 1, 2021. Banks of Ukraine must comply with the requirements of the resolution by July 1, 2021.
According to the government portal.