The Auchan hypermarket chain has opened the first self-service store in Ukraine — there are no cashiers and sellers in it. Buyers can enter by generating a special QR code and pay for the goods themselves at the checkout.
- A store without staff in the Pick-up Point format pilot project was launched in Kyiv on the Comfort Town residential complex territory. Pick up Point is a small supermarket with an area of 50-100 sq. m, where customers can purchase some products or pick up an online order.
- The company noted that this residential complex was chosen for a test launch, considering its residents — young people who mainly work in technologies and are supporters of digitalization, as the newspaper writers.
- To enter the store, you need to generate a QR code via the Auchan mobile application — which is the key. You can pay for purchases by card at a self-service checkout.
- The area of the new store is 45 sq. m. The assortment includes more than 1000 units of goods. It works 24/7.
- In total, there are more than 10 stores in the chain in Kyiv in the pick up point format, but this one is the first entirely without staff.
Auchan Retail is an international retail chain established in France in 1961.
The company is now present in 12 countries in Europe, Asia and Africa and is the 11th global distributor of food products and 35th employer globally.
In Ukraine, the network has been represented since 2008. It has physical stores in 9 cities — Kyiv, Kharkiv, Lviv, Chernivtsi, Zhytomyr, Dnipro, Kryvyi Rih, Zaporizhzhia, Odesa, as well as e-commerce throughout the country.
Auchan is the largest French employer in Ukraine, employing about 6.000 employees and offering over 200 different professions.