According to the constitution of Ukraine, a foreign citizen on the territory of Ukraine has the same freedoms and guarantees as a citizen of Ukraine. Accordingly, a foreigner can work here, i.e., receive an employee's status, and the labour code of Ukraine will regulate his activities. To use these rights, a foreigner needs to legalise his stay on the territory of Ukraine by obtaining a residence permit or a work permit.
Option 1. The legalisation of stay by obtaining a work permit.
In this option, a foreigner can get a job from a Ukrainian legal or private person who will grant the foreigner a work permit. For this, the foreigner must provide the employer with a package of documents, and the employer completes it and submits it to the state employment service:
- A copy of the passport with a translation into Ukrainian;
- A colour 3.5×4.5 cm photo;
- A copy of the diploma.
After obtaining a work permit, the Ukrainian employer officially provides the foreigner with a specific workplace, job position and employment permit.
Which groups of foreigners do not need to obtain an employment permit to work in Ukraine:
- Foreigners with a residence permit;
- Refugees and migrants;
- Employees of foreign mass media, teachers, sportsmen and artists.
Option 2. The residence permit.
To obtain this permit, a foreign citizen first must obtain a D visa and then prepare a package of documents:
- Passport with Ukrainian translation. The translation must be certified by apostillation, notarial or consular certification, depending on the nationality of the foreigner;
- Identity card of a legal representative of the foreigner and a document confirming the legality of obtaining the status of a legal representative;
- A copy of the decision to grant an immigration permit;
- Application for obtaining a residence permit.
This package of documents should be sent to one of these institutes:
- State migration service;
- State enterprise Dokument.
For detailed consultation and assistance, contact GT Invest. We will help you follow the legal employment route and feel free in Ukraine.