This became known after the meeting of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine from the mouth of the head of the Ministry of foreign affairs Dmitry Kuleba.
“For the first time in 30 years, Ukraine has received a clear and understandable strategy of foreign economic activity. The foreign policy has also existed for the previous 30 years, but due to the lack of a well-thought-out strategic approach, we had hesitation from side to side and insufficient efficiency in a number of areas,” Kuleba said.
According to the resource Ukrainian through, the document defines the goal of foreign policy to establish Ukraine in the world as a strong and authoritative European country.
Six priority areas of foreign policy:
- ensuring the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine;
- counteraction to the aggressive policy of the Russian Federation;
- course for Ukraine's membership in the EU and NATO;
- promotion of Ukrainian exports and attraction of investments;
- protection of the rights and interests of Ukrainian citizens abroad;
- promoting a positive image of Ukraine in the world.
The 254 page document is divided into 3 topics:
- Ukraine is an active participant in international politics;
- Formation of security for the country, region and the world;
- Ukraine is a country of economic opportunities.