Naftogaz has identified 25 winners of the Energy for Development educational competition, each receiving $3.683 for its project. This is stated in the press release of the company.
The competition was held for 90 local communities of the Kharkiv and Donetsk regions located within the Yuziv district. All submitted projects addressed one of the sustainable development goals that Naftogaz has identified as a priority for its participation in the UN Global Compact. Including:
- Goal 3: Strong health and well-being;
- Goal 4: Quality education;
- Goal 6: Clean water and proper sanitation;
- Goal 7: Renewable energy;
- Goal 11: Sustainable urban development and community;
- Goal 17: Partnership for sustainable development.
The main task of the initiative is to allow community representatives to improve their skills in project management, budget planning, communications, the formation of grant applications.