The government has approved amendments to the law that improve the mechanisms for granting immigration permits, in particular, to highly qualified IT specialists. First of all, the period of consideration of applications for immigration permits is reduced from one year to 6 months.
The legislative initiative is improving the procedures for refusing an immigration permit, revoking an immigration permit and a permanent residence permit. Also provided:
- Strengthening measures to combat illegal migration in respect of persons who have been refused or revoked an immigration permit;
- Obtaining biometric data of applicants when submitting documents;
- Improving the quota principle of granting immigration permits;
- Introduction of a new basis for granting an immigration permit for persons who have lived in the territory for more than 5 years;
- Ensuring legislative regulation of the issue of refusal to grant an immigration permit to persons who intend to legalize on the territory of Ukraine on the basis of fictitious marriages.