“Scopely” bought out “GSN” company with an office in Kyiv from “Sony” for $1 billion

by Anastasiia Lieberman
Thursday, October 21, 2021
“Scopely” bought out “GSN” company with an office in Kyiv from “Sony” for $1 billion

On October 18, 2021, American mobile game developer and publisher "Scopely" announced the purchase of "GSN Games", the gaming arm of the "American Game Show Network" (GSN), which is owned by "Sony"

Scopely, which owns titles such as Wheel of Fortune: Free Play, The Walking Dead: Road to Survival, Star Trek: Fleet Command, is buying GSN Games from Sony Pictures Entertainment for about $1 billion.
Half of this amount will be paid in cash and half in shares in the acquirer, giving Sony a minority stake in Scopely.

In November 2019, Sony Pictures Entertainment, which at that time already owned 58% of the shares of Game Show Network, bought the remaining 42% from the mobile operator AT&T for $380 million. Now Scopely bought the GSN gaming division from Sony.
The GSN Games portfolio includes games such as Casino, Bingo Bash, Solitaire TriPeaks, and WorldWinner. She has an office in Ukraine.

The Kyiv office of GSN arose based on the purchased Zaporizhzhia studio Idle Games, which in turn had previously bought its contractor - the Zaporizhzhia outsourcing company Trafford. Up to 80 specialists work in the Ukrainian office of the company. And the staff of the company around the world numbers about 400 people.

You will be interested