The Cabinet of Ministers approved the Budget Declaration at an extraordinary meeting on May 31, 2021. The Declaration directly affects the creation of the state budget of Ukraine and is designed for 2022-2024, the Minister of Finance of Ukraine said.
The document contains general indicators of state budget revenues and financing, general limits on state budget expenditures, the size of the minimum wage, the cost of living and other public policy goals.
Among the budget policy priorities identified in the budget declaration are:
- strengthening the defense capability and security of the state;
- development of the agro-industrial complex;
- formation of a clean and safe environment;
- development of administrative services and their digitalization;
- strengthening of energy independence;
- creation of an effective and perfect system of social support and pension provision of the population;
- provision of quality, modern, accessible and inclusive education;
- ensuring the quality level of medicine;
- increasing the level of transparency in public finance management.
The Budget Declaration approved by the government contains proposals for amendments to the Tax Code, which will become a resource base for increasing state budget revenues in the medium term.