The parliament of Ukraine voted to allocate an additional $7.3 billion from the budget. The changes in the state budget are due to the need to increase expenditure on defence and support of the economy in wartime.
Domestic borrowing may increase spending. Of the 423 people’s deputies, 287 voted to increase the budget and allocate funds to strengthen the protection of the country. This was reported by the first deputy chairman of the tax committee, Yaroslav Zhelezniak.
$7.3 billion will be distributed on:
- Ministry of defence.
It is planned to transfer about $5.9 billion to this government structure. $3.5 billion will be spent on wages:
- Ministry of the interior;
Get around $566 million:
- General intelligence is $54 million;
- Foreign intelligence will receive $4.7 million;
- Security service of Ukraine — $66 million;
- State security agency — $4.8 million;
- Government special communications, $10.4 million.
The parliament also passed a new financial bill. Member of parliament Oleksii Honcharenko reports that the bill provides for the replenishment of the reserve fund of the Ministry of finance of Ukraine. The estimated revenue is almost $18 million.