According to the information shared by Ivan Istomin, Ukrainian fintech expert Ivan Istomin, Alfa-Bank Kazakhstan, Ukraine is a priority market for Kaspi.kz with 44% of cash in the country, an 8% share of e-invest.com/investing-in-ukraine/business-opportunities/" rel="dofollow">commerce in retail and 70% smartphone penetration.
Kaspi Pay, a division of Kaspi.kz, has signed SPA to acquire the Portmone Group. This will give Kaspi a launch platform with a payment license from the National Bank of Ukraine, Visa and Mastercard accreditation, and business connections with thousands of merchants and banks.
The deal will close in winter 2021. In the medium term, Ukraine can also become a source of IT specialists for Kaspi.kz. According to AIN.UA, the transaction amount can range from $10 million to $20 million.
Kaspi.kz is a financial ecosystem in Kazakhstan. This is a super application that brings together different services for daily needs:
- the Kaspi.kz marketplace offers the purchase of goods from various categories, as well as price comparison, reviews, purchase by installments, etc;
- payments: payment for thousands of services, including such popular ones as parking, fines, internet, etc;
- transfers by phone number and card number, including to cards of other banks and international transfers;
- registration of cards, loans and deposits directly in the application, repayment of loans;
- QR payments;
- buying tickets for transport etc.
Thus, I can become not only a competitor to the popular Ukrainian banks PrivatBank and Monobank, but also to the largest online traders, such as Rozetka, Prom, Epicenter.