The main theses of the minister of environmental protection and natural resources of Ukraine Roman Abramovskyi:
- Ukraine is ready to form climatic trends in the post-soviet space and in the Black Sea region;
- Ukraine is preparing the second nationally defined contribution to the Paris agreement. Once adopted, we will immediately move to a program of implementation of these measures in real life, and here the support of the United States at the level of attracting partners and investment is certainly very important;
- On the way to a green transition in Ukraine, a fair transformation of coal regions must take place. To this end, together with the ministry of energy we are working to reduce coal production and develop safe energy sources;
- To predict the impact of climate change on Ukraine by the end of the century, the ministry of environment is developing a Strategy for adaptation to climate change. The document is developed for specific areas and has the most applied nature. The next step is to develop an action plan for its implementation;
- Increasing the forest cover of Ukraine will help in the fight against climate change. Afforestation will help increase CO2 absorption;
- Successful cooperation with the climate investment fund and establishing relations with the green climate fund are important for Ukraine in order to implement large-scale investment programs.
Jonathan Pershing noted that the United States supports Ukraine in actions and initiatives to combat climate change.
"Ukraine is setting a positive example for other countries and the potential for a green transition. The United States supports Ukraine in its climate ambitions and is interested in involving it in global climate change. We are ready to be your partners in this and help attract technical experts and real investment. to implement new opportunities for green transition," said Jonathan Pershing.
According to the Government portal.