According to the British intelligence defense.
- Russian forces are continuing to consolidate and reorganize as they refocus their offensive into the Donbas region in the east of Ukraine;
- Russian troops, including mercenaries from the Russian state-linked Wagner private military company, are being moved into the area.
The infographics are actual at 04.04.2022, 12 p.m.
- Explosion — strike locations since the start of the invasion;
- NPP symbol — nuclear power plant;
- Arrow — likely axis of advance;
- Red wheel — assessed encirclement;
- Dotted line — disputed boundary;
- Flash Russia — the grouping of forces;
- Oblique lines — contested area;
- Red territories — Russian-controlled areas.
Chairman of the Zhytomyr Regional military administration, Vitaliy Bunechko, said that on April 4, the entire region was completely cleared of the enemy presence.
"We gradually pushed the enemy back beyond the lines where he stood. And today I want to say that there are no Russian occupation troops in the Zhytomyr region. They left the Naroditsky territorial community, where they were buried. They left, partially leaving their equipment and ammunition. But also left, mined private houses, forests..." Vitaly Bunechko.
The head of the military administration stressed that this is a turning point but not the final stage of the war. The Russian occupier has been thrown out of the region, and now he plans to redeploy military forces and equipment. In addition, the danger of mined lands in the Zhytomyr region and the threat of possible rocket attacks are still relevant.
The defense council of the Zhytomyr region announced the strengthening of control over firearms. From now on, its use is available only to those who are on duty (patrol, commitment). In other cases, weapons will be stored in specialized weapons storage facilities.