Starting from November 12, 2021, the patrol police began to check the technical condition of cars that must undergo a mandatory inspection. This is reported by UNN with reference to the first deputy head of the patrol police department Oleksiy Biloshitskiy on Facebook.
The technical condition of cars in Ukraine will be checked right on the road. For this kind of inspection, the police will use special mobile diagnostic stations, that will monitor the compliance of the technical condition of vehicles subject to mandatory technical control, established rules, norms, and standards related to road safety. According to Biloshitskiy, every patrol police unit in every region has already been equipped with diagnostic stations.
Which transport is checked:
- Cars and trailers to them, which are used to transport passengers or goods for profit;
- Taxi cars;
- Cars that transport dangerous objects;
- Trucks weighing over 3.5 tons and trailers for them;
- Specialized transport.
However, the check does not apply to private light vehicles.
What exactly is checked:
- The parameters of headlights;
- The residual height of the tire tread pattern;
- The exhaust emissions of gasoline engines;
- The coefficient of the smoke of diesel engines;
- The level of external traffic noise;
- The steering play;
- Other structural elements of the vehicles
The newly-introduced checking procedure logically follows up the changes to the Ukrainian traffic rules, launched at the end of September 2021. The recently made amendments are aimed at bringing Ukrainian road standards in line with the European one and ensuring higher safety both for drivers and pedestrians.