The Ministry of digital transformation continues to expand the list of administrative tasks that can be completed online. Now, in addition to registering a place of residence, obtaining all the necessary documents, a digital passport, donations, and customs clearance of a car, through Diia, you can become a parent.
"Now, we are working on digitalizing the adoption sphere in Ukraine. We have successfully passed the first stage — the application for consultation on adoption in Diia. Now we are taking the next step — we have digitalized the registration of the candidate," Mykhailo Fedorov, minister of digital transformation.
Previously, the adoption of a child could only take place offline, documents had to be only on paper, and future parents had to stand in lines for hours. In recent years, the number of families that have decided to adopt a child has decreased. The Ministry of digital transformation states that the digitalization of the adoption process is designed to simplify the procedure and increase the number of children who will not live in orphanages but in families.
The procedure for registering a parent through Diia:
- Login to the Diia portal;
- Select the "adoption" service from the list of services;
- Fill in primary personal data: information about marriage, place of residence, and so on;
- Wait about 15 minutes to receive data from the registries;
- Upload documents issued by the system;
- Sign the application with an electronic signature generated in Diia.
"Applying lasts no more than 30 minutes, and the service itself is free," Mykhailo Fedorov.