Unemployment in Ukraine Declines Significantly

by Roman Cheplyk
Monday, January 15, 2024
Unemployment in Ukraine Declines Significantly

As of January 1, 2024, Ukraine has seen a notable decrease in its unemployment figures. The official count of unemployed individuals stands at 96,100, a significant reduction from the 186,510 registered at the beginning of the previous year.

Among the registered unemployed as of the beginning of 2024, 74.9% were women, the remaining 25.1% were men, according to data from the State Employment Service of Ukraine. In total, during 2023, 483.25 thousand people had the status of unemployed (during 2022 - 867.64 thousand). With the help of the Employment Service, 160,100 unemployed people were employed last year, 32,900 unemployed people underwent additional training, 24,600 people participated in public and other temporary work.

You will be interested