The Russian Federation intensified offensive operations in Avdiivka in the Donetsk region. The Ukrainian military is under constant fire and in battles because of the Russian offensive mechanised columns and foot assault groups. The Ukrainian command believes that the purpose of such an increase in military operations by the Kremlin is to slow down Ukrainian operations to liberate and encircle the occupied cities.
However, the Institute for the Study of War this week reported the following changes at the front:
- The activity of the Russian Federation began on October 10. During this time, the invaders did not approach Avdiivka but captured less than 5 km of ² around;
- The Armed Forces of Ukraine continue to maintain control over the territory and their garrisons;
- Ukrainian defenders continue a successful offensive near Bahmut and in the west of the Zaporizhzhia regions;
- Russia is losing logistics, command centres, and ammunition depots.
The general staff of Ukraine supplements the failure and lack of effectiveness of the Russian war with new indicators of enemy losses:
- 285.920 — personnel;
- 4.931 — tanks;
- 9.313 — armoured personnel vehicle;
- 6.807/811 — artillery systems/MRS;
- 546 — anti-aircraft warfare systems;
- 316/316 — aircraft/helicopters;
- 5.264 — UAV operational-tactical level;
- 1.531 — cruise missiles;
- 20 — warship/boats;
- 1 – submarine;
- 9.203 — vehicles, fuel tanks;
- 967 — special equipment.
We are reminded that no war brings victory for either side. 597 days of the Russian invasion of Ukraine brought only blood, destruction, pollution and pain.