The official website of the president of Ukraine reported on the registration of the draft law, which provides wide opportunities for residents of the Republic of Poland. The bill concerns those citizens who live and work in Ukraine. Volodymyr Zelenskyy showed such an initiative in response to the support and solidarity of the Polish government. The Republic of Poland was the first country where Ukrainians felt at home. It is in Poland that the most significant number of Ukrainian refugees are located.
Within the framework of the draft law, the possibility of providing Poles with improved living conditions in Ukraine for 18 months from the day of crossing the border is being considered. According to the document, Polish citizens legally residing in Ukraine will be able to obtain the right to:
- Legal stay anywhere in the country together with family members;
- Placement without a work permit for foreigners and stateless persons;
- Implementation of economic activities;
- Education in educational institutions on an equal footing with Ukrainian citizens;
- Medical care in the territory of Ukraine;
- Separate social payments according to Ukrainian legislation;
- State registration of the taxpayer and carrying out activities as citizens of Ukraine.
The document also notes that if a Polish citizen begins to receive higher education in Ukraine, he has the same right as a Ukrainian student to receive targeted and material assistance, a scholarship.
On July 11, the draft law was introduced by the president of Ukraine. Now members of parliament will consider it and send it to the vote.