On October 13, the Ukrainian Startup Fund held its 32nd Pitch Day to select startups for government funding. The event was held offline on the territory of the UNIT.City innovation park. Nine teams made presentations, startups of which are at the seed stage and are applying for grants of $50,000 each.
Who was evaluating?
- Kateryna Degtyar. Director of the Startup Grind Kyiv division;
- Olesya Malevanaya. Director of Business Unit Startup Grind Dnipro;
- Maxim Beshleul. CEO Skylock Ukraine;
- Olexander Ryabtsev. Founder of StartupInUA;
- Yeuhenii Klepa. Executive director of the Accelerator 1991;
- Vadym Rogovsky. Head and founder of Startup School Online;
- Dmytro Chernukha. Industry innovation manager, DTEK.
The main criteria for evaluating projects at the seed stage are team, market, product, funding expediency, and strategy. In each category, the maximum is 5 points (total maximum 25). The passing mark is 15.
Based on the results of the assessments of the competition commission, the following rating list of startups was formed (from the highest score to the lowest):
- ComeBack Mobility. Smart sensors for crutches to assist in rehabilitation after diseases and injuries of the lower extremities (Dnipro);
- Lab24. The marketplace for medical laboratory research helps users to take tests at home and nearby locations and save up to 50%. The service unites laboratories, nurses, and medical centers, ensuring their interaction with the help of an information system, a specialized logistics and support service (Kyiv);
- Silentbox. Soundproof office cabins allow increasing the efficiency of employees by reducing the overall noise in the open space (Kiev).
- IBeauty. An automated ecosystem for the beauty industry. IBeauty provides partners with a CRM system for optimization and automation, a marketing platform and is a market moderator (Kyiv);
- HoldYou. Online psychological assistance service. A project for people who want to get a psychologist whenever and wherever regardless of the point on the map. All consultations take place online through a mobile application, a personal account on the website, or by phone (Kyiv);
- Postello. Our clients are micro and small business entrepreneurs who want to be online but do not have enough time and money to run their business pages on social media, and Postello helps them with that. It is a tool that helps to generate, manage and edit content for social networks using machine learning (Kyiv);
- Caer Sidi. Helps companies get the most out of their first contact. A physical business card loaded with digital sales and marketing tools. All you need to get to know each other is in one convenient solution (Kyiv);
- Pharminno. Pharmaceutical innovations, which consists in creating hi-tech conditions for the development and individual and small-scale production in a pharmacy of cosmetics for the beauty industry, specialized care series of cosmetics, as well as personalized medicines according to doctors' prescriptions (Lviv);
- Day: Motivation & Inspiration. Positive widgets for iOS that help you live happier every day (Kharkiv)
.At a meeting of the Fund's supervisory board, which will be held in the near future, it will be decided which startups will receive grants.
Ukrainian Startup Fund is a state fund founded on the initiative of the cabinet of ministers of Ukraine. The mission of the fund is to promote the creation and development of technology startups at the early stages (pre-seed and seed), in order to increase their global competitiveness.
The process of selecting startups for a grant is carried out on a competitive basis: companies are evaluated and selected by a council of independent investment experts