According to the data of the National industrial portal of Ukraine, in the 12 months of last year, Ukraine has processed a large number of parcels and goods in its ports. To achieve these indicators, 8 ports were used in the country.
This volume increased the efficiency of the ports:
- Chornomorsk 25.63 million tons — +7.3% compared to last year;
- Reni — 1.37 million tons. The increase was 74.3 percent;
- Ust-Dunaysk — 64.3 thousand tons. That’s the smallest efficiency gain — 2.6 times;
- Olvia — 5.14 million tons (+31.6%);
- Ismail — 3.9 million tons (+20.4% compared to last year).
In the ports of Mykolaiv, Odesa, Mariupol has preserved the figures of past years.
With the help of Ukrainian ships, construction materials, grain, oil products, and others were transported.
The largest volume of transport by sea was by grain and ore. These shipments amounted to 50.000.000 tons and 37.75 million tons during the year. The transshipment of natural fuel products increased by 82% in the 12 months of 2021. In tonnes, this number reached 1.93 million. The total number of tons of petroleum products achieved 1.9 million tonnes. The trans-shipment of building materials increased by 69.2% per year — to 3.88 million tons.
At the same time, seaport operators transhipped 118.1 million tons of export cargo, 24 million tons of import cargo, several transit containers — 8.6 million tons, and 2.3 million tons of cabotage.