The progressive world community calls it war. At the same time, Russia calls it a military operation. It is known that Putin was going to seize Ukraine in 3 days. But here comes the hundredth day, and every day the situation in Russia is only getting worse.
On February 24 at 4 am, Russia attacked Ukraine through the temporarily occupied Donetsk, Lugansk regions, and Crimea, from Belarus, as well as the regions neighboring Russia: Sumy, Chernihiv, and Kharkiv.
Ukraine has lost a lot in this war.
- According to preliminary data, as of June 1, 26.113 Ukrainian civilians died from Russian shelling, rockets, personal weapons, and rape. Every day 60-100 Ukrainian soldiers die;
- The Russians forcibly deported 1.3 million Ukrainians to Ukraine, of which 232.480 were children;
- The Russians turned the city of Mariupol into a ghetto and a ruin. The town of Volnovakha no longer exists;
- In the first days of the war, the Russians destroyed the legendary and only aircraft in the world Mriia;
- Ukrainian shrines and architectural monuments are shelled and destroyed daily.
Ukraine is crying and bleeding. However, through the pain, there is a realization that victory and peace are on the side of the Ukrainians. According to the Institute for the Study of War, Russia has not achieved military success in Ukraine. The sad face of Putin at the parade on Red Square on May 9 confirms this. Ukraine won back the Kyiv, Chernihiv, Sumy, and Kharkiv regions and drove the Russian army to the border of Russia. What then did Russia achieve in this war?
- 30.950 Russian soldiers died in the war against the Ukrainians;
- Global sanctions, freezing of all Russian accounts, isolation;
- As of mid-April, countries friendly to Ukraine expelled almost 250 Russian ambassadors. Many states have closed Russian consulates on their territory;
- Partial oil embargo. Also, countries, one by one, stop buying Russian gas;
- Russia expelled from PACE;
- Finland and Sweden apply to join NATO;
- Because of the sanctions, Russia is running out not only of components for weapons but also of food;
- The world community recognized Russia's actions against Ukrainians as genocide;
- Against Putin, his entourage, and the perpetrators of the bloodshed in Ukraine, a case was initiated in the International Court of Justice;
- Creation of an international tribunal personally for Putin;
- Loss of the flagship cruiser Moskva.
What did Ukraine get?
- The USA provided Lend-lease to Ukraine;
- Zelenskyy is recognized as the most influential person in the world;
- Ukraine received more than $7 billion in military support from partner countries and about 500.000 tons of humanitarian cargo;
- Ukraine joined the European system ENTSO-E;
- Ukraine has filled out an application for joining the European Union and, this month, may become a candidate for EU membership.
What's left for Russia? Blackmail, manipulation, intimidation with a nuclear strike, and, in the end, failure, disintegration, collapse. Putin launched 2 processes: the destruction of Russia and the world's rebirth.
Ukraine will win. Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the Heroes!